Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What?!?! Banana Bread BEER?!?!?!?

Yes, I did say Banana Bread Beer. Oh em gee! Yes, I liked this one a lot. A lot, a lot.
I mistakenly tried to twist off the top...ouch. So, once I cracked open the metal lock, my nose was met with a sweet banana scent that made me want to stick the bottle up my nostril and inhale deeply.
No, not really, but it does smell deliciously banana. The beer is a caramel color with very little head (yup, I tried to make it foam on purpose). The flavor is crisp and medium bodied. The moment after you swallow, you get the banana flavor that overcomes your taste buds. Admittedly, there is a bit of bitter at the very end, but you can solve that by taking another sip. Har har har.

Surprisingly, the banana doesn't taste manufactured. The bottle claims they use real bananas in the making, but the label also states there is banana flavor added. I thought it would taste like candy flavored banana, but it has the flavor of banana after you swallow it and it is lingering on your tongue.
I picked this up at the local HEB grocery store in Clear Lake area Texas for $2.49 for a single bottle. Alcohol is 5.2% by volume. I drank this one with homemade burgers. Definitely one I could drink at night instead of dessert. I recommend trying this one, even if you swear off flavored beer. Click HERE to go to Wells and Young's website to read more about Banana Bread Beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment