Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Peanut Butter & Co Dark Chocolate Dreams

Hovering in what seems to be a vast spread of peanut butter products, it is increasingly more difficult to know which item is the best choice for your family. After picking up some single serve Jif Naturals for lunch boxes, I ran across a brand called Peanut Butter & Co. The store carries flavors such as The Bees's Knees that mixes honey into the peanut butter. The one that grabbed my PMSing eye was a dark brown peanut butter with a name of Dark Chocolate Dreams.
The product reminded me of a quirky little snack place called PB Loco in the Scottsdale Fashion Square that sold their own gourmet PB which has long since closed.
I am always the skeptic and didn't want to fork out $4 for the 14 oz container and noticed the 67 cent individual pack. I grabbed one and was ready for my own dark chocolate dream.
This morning I decided to have it on a piece of whole wheat toast. Serving suggestions on the package includes apples, crackers, bananas, or celery. I really like Nutella on my toast so there you have it.
After kneading the package as instructed, I squeeze out the thick chocolate peanut butter goodness and spread over my toast. I was surprised how easily it came out and spread nicely.
The flavor of the spread is very similar to Baskin Robbins 31 flavors Chocolate Peanut Butter ice cream. It isn't too sweet and has a nice balance of chocolate and peanut butter scent and flavor.
The single serving has 170 calories, 13 g of fat - 2.5 saturated. 12 carb, 2 fiber, 7 sugars, 6 protein. It's gluten free, cholesterol free, and vegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment